Monday 20 February 2012

Restaurant - Casa Morita


Despite the many hours I've spent in Brixton, I hadn't headed into Brixton Market before - that's right, I've yet to visit Franco Manca. Yeah yeah, I know, I'll get round to it at some point.

We were drawn to Casa Morita (that link isn't going to give you much info at the moment!) by it's colourful hangings, bustling open kitchen and cute little tables. The waitress let me sit at a four person table instead of the two person one by the door (it was snowing). We got there about the right time at 7.15ish, there was a small queue by about half an hour later. I'd advise booking for more than two people to be sure of getting a seat.

And you should definitely go! We shared a starter of quesadillas that was lovely - without chorizo slightly tasteless, so I'd recommend paying the small supplement cost. I then had Albondigas from the specials board - Mexican meatballs (picture at the top of this post). And my, how meaty they were. Densely packed flavourful and in a lovely tomato sauce. The ultimate satisfying warmth giver, and ridiculously good value at about £8.50. Coupled with a very reasonably priced bottle of house red, I believe the phrase for which is 'eminently drinkable' we were very happy bunnies heading back out into the snow.

No comments: