Monday 27 February 2012

Easy Spring Touches


I can't wait for Spring. I really thought it had arrived this weekend, but I'm currently looking out on a grey London day. What have arrived are Daffodils in the supermarket.

They're such lovely flowers, I think we get a little blind to their sunshine colour and amazing shape. I couldn't resize picking up a couple of bunches with my Friday night food shop, but when I got home I realised I had no vase of the right size. What I did have was a sizable collection of Lloyd Grossman pasta sauce jars (I really like adding it to soup!), and some pretty tape I'd spied in Tiger. Do you have a Tiger near you? The website is dreadful, but they're really lovely shops full of cheap pretty bits and pieces. And tat. An awful lot of tat.

Anyway, I shoved a bit of the tape around the jars, shoved the Daffodils in and put them all over the house. By yesterday they'd bloomed into the stunners you can see above. I love a quick win.

No comments: