Thursday 24 January 2008

A particular amount of comfort

Oh goodness gracious me. All my high hopes for the next Bond movie have been dashed, with the announcement of the name. Quantum of Solace.
Now really. Being a little bit of a Bond geek, I have read the short story of the same name. There is NO action whatsoever. It's not even like The Spy Who Loved Me, where Bond is just a secondary (although significant) character. That story is full of action. Read the story summary on Wikipedia here, and tell me whether that sounds like a good story to base a film on. No actually, because it might make a nice indie film. Does it sound like a story that will make a good Bond movie?

And then there are the secondary considerations. Who on earth is going to want to sing the theme tune? Are you really going to be able to say in 10 years time "oh no, my favourite Bond film is Quantum of Solace" without everybody looking at you with pity?

Of course, as my favourite James Bond is Timothy Dalton, there will be those who will revoke my right to comment, but I will anyway...this title sucks.

2 comments:

Marc B said...

Bjork. Bjork could pull of a song called Quantum of Solace.

Or possibly The Mars Volta.

Rosie said...

I get annoyed when interesting blogs like yours get no sodding comments, despite readership! So hello, just stumbled across this, and I like your style :)