Monday 8 February 2010

Georgette Heyer

I am utterly unashamed about my love for Georgette Heyer's regency romances. My grandmother has many of them as first editions (no dust covers left, alas), and I must have read each of them many many times over my teenage years.

So imagine my delight when I found that The Book People are currently selling 10 of her Thriller's for £9.99. Written between the 30s and 50s, they are undoubtedly dated, with the odd shocking use of the 'n' word. But so wonderfully and utterly of their time, when the local vicar's wife was really rather a drag, and no murder can get in the way of a spot of tennis. And the covers! Oh the covers.











































Oh my dears, such utter bliss.

1 comment:

Nicky Bowler said...

Dont get them all wet in the bath, I want to read them......